Parking Administration manages approximately 3,500 parking stalls throughout the Capitol Complex Area. The parking areas include the Curtis Parking Garage and State Lots #1, #2, #4 and #8.
Submit all forms to:
Eisenhower State Office Building
700 SW Harrison Street, Suite 1200
Topeka, KS 66603
Fax: (785) 296-3456
Click here to send email to Parking
Curtis Parking Garage:
If you are interested in parking in the Curtis Parking Garage at 11th & Jackson, you will need to complete and submit the contract. Once set up in the system, your parking will be paid by payroll deduction and will continue until cancelled. All parking stalls in the garage are reserved.
The maximum height for vehicles that park in the Curtis Garage is limited to 7' 6".
Covered Parking Rates
$23.08 per pay period
Roof Parking (uncovered) Rates
$16.15 per pay period
Parking surrounding the Capitol Complex is under the jurisdiction of the City of Topeka. The parking meters are $1.00 per hour for all 1/2-hour, 1-hour, and 2-hour parking meters. All 10-hour parking meters are 50¢ per hour.
- Most of the parking meters along the north side of 8th street between Jackson and Harrison are 10-hour. However, there are also two 1-hour meters close to the center of the block near Van Buren. Be careful to take special note of the signs when parking in this area.
- Along the north side of 10th Street between Kansas and Jackson (by Memorial Hall) there are 1-hr parking meters. No parking is allowed along the south side.
- Along 10th Street between Jackson and Harrison - there are 10-hour parking meters along the south side of 10th Street and 2-hour parking meters along the north side of 10th Street.
- Between Kansas and Jackson Streets, parking is along the north side of 11th Street only and they are 10-hour meters.
- There are 2-hour meters on the east side of Harrison between 8th and 9th Streets.
- There are 10-hour meters on the west side of Harrison between 8th and 9th Streets.
- Between 9th and 10th Streets along Harrison, there are only 1-hour meters on both the east and west sides.
- Between 8th and 9th Streets along Jackson, there are 10-hour meters on both east and west sides.
- Between 9th and 10th Street along Jackson, there are 1-hour parking meters on the east side (along Landon State Office Bldg) and 1-hour parking meters across the street on the west side.
- Between 10th and 11th streets along Jackson (across from the Curtis State Office Bldg), there are only 1-hour meters.
- Between 11th street and 12th Street along Jackson there are two 10-hour meters.
State Parking Lot #1
Free parking for Capitol Complex Visitors: in addition to metered parking along the streets, there is a specifically marked section for visitor parking in lot #1; enter the first entrance south of Tenth Street on Harrison. There is a sign designated "Visitor Parking" as you enter the parking lot. This is 4-hour parking only and violators will be ticketed.
State Agency Visitors:
Parking lot #4 is available for overflow parking and space is usually available in this lot at any time during the day for state agency visitors. It is the agency's responsibility to call Parking Administration at 785-296-5191 to report the visitor's name and license tag number so they are authorized to park for the day. Any unauthorized vehicle parked in lot # 4 will be ticketed.
Parking lot #8C is usually available during the day for state agency visitors that will exceed the 4-hour visitor parking area in lot #8B. It is the agency’s responsibility to call Parking Administration at 785-296-5191 to report the visitor’s name and license tag number so that they are authorized to park for the day. Any unauthorized vehicle in lot #8C will be ticketed.
Page last modified on: July 15, 2022