"The purpose of this Application is to allow the reservation of identified space on the Ground Level, 1st or 2nd Floors inside the Statehouse, or on the Statehouse grounds or steps and in State parking lots, for an event. It is to allow the orderly use of the space for an event, and prevent multiple groups attempting to use the same location at the same time. OFPM will assist groups conducting an event by providing seating, a podium, and other related items, if available when requested. This Application is NOT required for any person or group that merely wishes to come to the Statehouse, and not reserve a specific space."
Description of layout request or additional space.
Areas of preference will be taken into consideration upon submission of completed application. Depending on the size of your group-there may be more than one event in a specific area.
Floor Plans, if provided, must be submitted in an email to the Capitol Events Coordinator.
SH - 1st floor
SH - 2nd floor
SH - South Steps
Conditions of Approval
Upon submission of completed online Application you will receive a notice of receipt. Once Application has been approved and fee has been received you will receive confirmation by email from OFPM.
If you have any questions about the application process or form please contact Kathleen Williams, Capitol Events Coordinator, (785) 296-7909 or Kathleen.Williams@ks.gov
Limitations of Use
- Activity must not result in damage to or destruction of state property.
- No camping or overnight stays will be permitted.
- Banners, signs, exhibits or other materials are allowed, but cannot be taped, tacked, nailed or hung on any surface within the Capitol Complex.
- The activity must be conducted in the area designated without creating a risk to public safety, injury or risk of danger to property or person.
- The activity must not impede ingress, egress or the performance of public business to be conducted in the area.
- The maximum occupancy for each area, as posted, will be strictly enforced.
- The Kansas Department of Administration shall not be responsible for any injury, loss, or damage that may occur prior to, during, or subsequent to the period covered by this reservation. All property brought onto the premises by the applicant shall be at the risk of the applicant.
- Intoxicating beverages or substances are not allowed on state property.
- Drones are not authorized.
- Any food preparation or activity that may create smoke is not authorized inside the Statehouse due to sensitivity of building fire alarm systems.
- Use of unauthorized sound amplification devices are prohibited.