Kansas Department of Administration

Can optional group life insurance be converted to an individual policy?

If an employee is currently enrolled in optional group life insurance, the coverage will cease on the last day of the calendar month for which a premium is made. The employee can convert the policy to an individual policy (either portability or whole life). The Portability Election form or Conversion form (whole life) must be completed and sent to The Standard within 60 days of the date coverage would otherwise have terminated. The employee is responsible for the expense, which is at a higher rate. For additional information, contact KPERS at 1-888-275-5737 outside Topeka or 296-6666 in Topeka or The Standard's Topeka Branch Office toll-free at 1-844-289-2306.

« Back

© 2024 Kansas Department of Administration. All rights reserved.