Kansas Department of Administration

How to Apply for Veteran's Preference

Applicants claiming veterans' preference for the first time must:

Submit a complete, legible copy of their discharge document (DD 214), showing enlisted and discharge dates, type of discharge, medals received, etc.

Please mail the copy of your DD 214, to:

Office of Personnel Services
900 SW Jackson Room 401-N
Landon State Office Building
Topeka, Kansas  66612-1251

or you can fax your DD-214 to (785) 291-3715.

« Back

© 2024 Kansas Department of Administration. All rights reserved.