What to Know
Searching for jobs online is becoming increasingly significant and more convenient in the job searching process. It can get confusing and frustrating if you don’t know where to look. You first must determine what occupation(s) would be best for you. Use the resources provided by your transition office and the transition website to research these. With thousands of jobs online, where do you begin?
The State of Kansas website http://www.jobs.ks.gov/ offers:
- Daily updated Civil Service job listings from around the State of Kansas
- Career portal that allows you to sign in and apply directly to agencies
- Information pertaining to State Career Fairs and Applicant Workshops
- Information about State Employee Benefits
What to Do
Steps to Apply for State Jobs can be found on the http://jobs.ks.gov homepage.
Across the board information listed within each job posting includes:
- requisition number
- posting type (external or agency)
- whether it is classified or unclassified
- whether it is regular or temporary
- whether it is full or part time
- hiring rate (excluding unclassified positions)
- pay frequency
- closing date
You can click on the Job Titles to view information about each job; including descriptions, requirements and duties.