Step 1: Think of this as a story with a title.
Identify the Scenario. Some topics (titles) may include:
- A task you performed alone.
- A project you worked on as a team member/team leader.
- A challenge you overcame in the job setting.
- A problem you solved.
- A goal you set.
Step 2: Identify the action you performed to tell the story.
Use the skills you identified under the Analyze Your Skills section and the action verbs listed above.
- Planned, organized and directed a 4 day training exercise. . .
- Troubleshot, disassembled and repaired mobile over 300 pieces
communications equipment. . .
- Recorded, documented and tracked daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Formed, created and lead special security force.
Step 3: Which resulted in:
End with a positive and measurable conclusion.
- Which reduced accidents from 30% to fewer than 2% in two weeks.
- Which enabled constant communication in 4 different states.
- Which increased the training rate of employees by 45%.
- Which provided search and recovery support for disaster victims.