Updated: June 21, 2018
PLEASE NOTE: Effective May 21, 2018 the State of Kansas has moved to an online bidder registration process. This is different from the process utilized for bidder registration that was previously in place. This new online process will permit individuals and businesses to register to bid on bid events offered through the Office of Procurement and Contracts – Department of Administration. This process has resulted in many bidder registrations being deactivated. If you have received a notification that your bidder registration profile has been deactivated, you will need to follow the instructions to register in the new system. If you receive a TIN (Taxpayer ID Number) match error when registering online, please contact us by email at email@example.com in order to update the record. Please provide your business name, FEIN and any changes to your bidder profile.
The State of Kansas implemented a PeopleSoft Financial Management System (referred to as SMART) in July 2010. In order to submit a response to any bid event, a vendor must be a registered in SMART. It is very important for you to register your business or sole proprietorship with the Office of Procurement and Contracts, for the following reasons:
- To bid on events, registered bidders must be invited in SMART by the Procurement Officer BEFORE the bid closes.
- If invited, registered bidders will be able to receive bid event documents via e-mail, to include any updates relating to the bid event.
- If not invited by the Procurement Officer, registered bidders will still receive notification of bid events based on their category code registration.
Registration may be accomplished by doing the following:
1. Completing the form on the following website (including the category codes that you have selected in number 2 below). Instructions can be found under Register New Bidder.
2. Identifying the category codes you would like to be associated with your bidder record in the SMART system. This should be done prior to beginning the process for bidder registration.
A full list of category codes is available at: http://www.da.ks.gov/purch/SMARTCategoryCodes.xls Note that this is a large file (5mb). It may be beneficial to identify the applicable category codes prior to beginning the registration process. The State uses the UNSPSC category code system which includes over 40,000 codes. For ease of identifying codes that may apply to your business, you may search this document by selecting Ctrl+F on your keyboard, then typing key words that may apply to your business. If you find no results, select a different key word. For example, vehicles are listed under automobiles or cars.
Please do not submit another application once you have registered. If you need to make changes to your bidder record (i.e. changes to contact information, address changes, add/delete commodity codes, etc.) please email those changes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your company name and taxpayer identification number to assure that the correct record is updated.
After your application has been processed, you will receive an email confirming that your application has been approved and a bidder number.
If you have any questions regarding the bidder application, please call:
785-296-0882 or 785 296-2376