All FY21 Agency Applications are for funding for the period from July 1, 2020 to December 30, 2020
Operational Expenditure Application Explanation
a. Agency Information
i. This section will require standard contact information from the requesting agency. The agency will need to disclose any CRF or other CARES ACT monies received OUTSIDE of the FY20 agency reimbursements. Please note each agency application will need to certify that the Head of Agency supports the submission.
b. Fiscal Effects Assessment
i. This section contains questions necessary for approval of CRF eligibility regarding guidance issued by the Department of Treasury. These questions pertain to the use of requested funds. On the Operational Expenditure application, under the Fiscal Effects Assessment section, you will also need to provide a brief description of the COVID-19 related need(s) or issue(s) that this funding will be addressing. Where possible, address how the funds benefit Kansans and/or delivery of services to Kansans.
c. Operational Expenditures Application
i. The next part of the application will require you to fill in the exact dollar amounts for your request in the appropriate operating expenditure category. For each expenditure category, be prepared to submit a brief description of items to be purchased by December 31, 2020. The expenditure categories are specifically defined below:
- Salaries and Wages: Amounts paid to, or on behalf of, elected or appointed state officials and employees.
- Contractual Services: Payments for communications, freight and express, printing and advertising, rentals, repairing and servicing, employee travel expense reimbursement, utilities, and professional or other services.
- Commodities: Payments for consumable supplies, maintenance materials and parts, and other miscellaneous purchases.
- Capital Outlay: Payments for machinery, equipment, land, vehicles, buildings and other major purchases.
- Other Assistance: State or federal aid to qualified non-state entities
d. Additional Information (optional)
This section allows for the agency to provide any additional information that is critical to their application.