97-a-009 - Disposition of State Surplus Property (May 12, 1997)
Secretary of Administration
SHIRLEY A. MOSES
Director of Accounts and Reports
900 S.W. Jackson, Room 351S Landon State Office Building
DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION Topeka, KS 66612-1248
(913) 296-2311Division of Accounts and Reports FAX (913) 296-6841
INFORMATIONAL CIRCULAR NO: 97-A-009
DATE: May 12, 1997
SUBJECT: Disposition of State Surplus Property
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 1, 1997
A & R CONTACT: Audit Services - (913) 296-3521
SUMMARY: Revised Form DA-110, Disposition of Property
A revised Form DA-110, Disposition of Property, is now available for agency use. A sample copy of the revised form and form completion instructions are attached. These should be made available to agency personnel who prepare and process the form.
The revised form is now a three part, carbonless form to facilitate its use. The revised form is being stocked by the Division of Printing, and requests to obtain supplies of the form should be directed to Skip Anderson at (913)296-3632.
If your agency currently submits computer generated forms, please contact Steve Magee, State Surplus Property Center at (913)296-2334 to coordinate your modification efforts.
Questions regarding the disposal of state property should be directed to Steve Magee, Department of Corrections, State Surplus Property Center, Forbes Field, P.O. Box 19226, Topeka, Kansas, 66619-0226. Questions regarding the state property inventory records should be directed to Gary Bond, Division of Accounts and Reports, Audit Services Team at (913)296-2287.
Form DA-110, Disposition of Property
Form Completion Instructions and Agency Form Submission Instructions
I. Agency Form Submission Instructions
- 1. Complete the three-part Form DA-110 form detailing the disposition request.
- 2. Obtain agency approval signatures authorizing the disposition request.
- 3. Detach and retain the agency file copy (bottom copy) of the form.
- 4. Submit the two remaining copies of the disposition request to the Department of Corrections, State Surplus Property Center, Forbes Field, P.O.Box 19226, Topeka, Kansas 66619-0226.
- 5. For trade-ins, in addition to submitting the Form DA-110 copies to State Surplus Property, attach a photocopy of the Form DA-110 form to a completed Form DA-100 (Purchase Requisition) and submit to the Department of Administration, Division of Purchases.
- 6. If the property is being transferred to another state agency, Form DA-83 should be used and a photocopy should be sent to the state agency to which the property is being transferred.
Instructions for Form DA-110
II. Form Completion Instructions
The three part Form DA-110 form set is prepared by the initiating agency to request authorization for the disposition of agency property. The agency completes the form as instructed below except where noted. Additional forms may be used as needed. The numbers on the form completion instructions correspond to the numbers on the sample form.
- 1. Agency No.: Three digit agency number and two digit division number as assigned in the Central Chart of Accounts.
- 2. Agency Disposition No.: Unique sequential number assigned by the agency to identify the disposition request.
- 3. Contact Person: Name of the employee responsible for the viewing and maintenance of the items listed on Form DA-110.
- 4. Phone Number: The 10 digit telephone number where the contact person can be reached during normal business hours.
- 5. Agency Name: The submitting state agency name.
- 6. Agency Division: The state agency division or other unit name, when appropriate.
- 7. Property Number: Property number as recorded in the agency inventory records and affixed to the property.
- 8. Sub Obj Code: Sub-object code for the property as recorded in the agency inventory records and defined in the Division of Accounts and Reports’Policy and Procedure Manual, File No. 7,002 (Length - 4 digits).
- 9. Inv Src: Inventory source code as recorded in the agency inventory records and defined in Division of Accounts and Reports’Policy and Procedure Manual, File No. 13,001 (Length -2 digits).
- 10. Date Acquired (mm/yy): Date the property was acquired as recorded in the agency inventory records. This should be the month and calendar year that the payment for the item appears on the Capital Outlay Report, DAFR8460. (Month - 2 digits, Year - 2 digits)
- 11. Inventory Cost: The original acquisition cost of the property as recorded in the agency inventory records and defined in Accounts and Reports’Policy and Procedure Manual, File No. 13,001.
Instructions for Form DA-110
- 12. Description: A complete description of the property including the common name of the item, name of manufacturer, model number, serial number, dimensions, color, Agency assigned present value or other related identifying information. (Note: A complete description of the property will expedite processing of the disposition request.)
- 13. Present Value: For Kansas State Surplus Property use only. Kansas State Surplus Property will determine the present value of each item listed on the Form DA-110, Disposition of Property. (See Surplus Property Manual, Page 5, PartVI, B1.)
- 14. Condition Code: The code best describing the condition of the property from the condition codes listed in the lower left corner of the form. The definition of each code is as follows:
- 1. In working condition: The property is in working condition.
- 2. Not working - serviceable: The property is not working, but could be repaired and made serviceable.
- 3. Not working - not serviceable: The property is not working and cannot be repaired or the cost to repair is prohibitive to the agency.
- 4. Obsolete - working: The property is in working condition, but is considered obsolete for agency use.
- 5. Obsolete - not working: The property is not in working condition and is considered obsolete for agency use.
- 6. Lost or stolen - FY : If the property has been reported either lost or stolen, enter the fiscal year the loss or theft was discovered in the space provided to the right of the code.
- 7. Other: Other conditions not listed above (please describe in the space provided).
- 15. Disposition Code - Agency: The code indicating the property disposition being requested by the agency from the disposition codes listed in the lower center portion of the form. All disposition methods must receive prior approval by State Surplus Property. The definition of each code is as follows:
- 1. Trade-in: The property will be traded-in towards acquisition of other property. For trade-ins, a photocopy of the completed and approved Form
Instructions for Form DA-110
DA-110 must be attached to the completed Form DA-100 (Purchase Requisition) submitted to the Department of Administration, Division of Purchases.
- 2. Sell used (by agency): The agency is requesting authorization to sell the property. Enter the name of the prospective purchaser and the dollar amount offered in the explanation and remarks section of the form (only for items with a present value more than $500, as determined by Kansas State Surplus Property).
- 3. Sell used (by State Surplus Property): The agency is requesting State Surplus Property to sell the property.
- 4. Request local disposition authority: After local disposition is authorized by State Surplus Property, the agency must choose one of the methods listed below to dispose of the property. An approved copy of the Form DA-110 should be retained in the agency files, indicating which of the disposal methods was selected. Agencies are not required to notify State Surplus Property of which disposal method was selected.
- a. Cannibalize usable parts for repair of like items, placing unserviceable residue in scrap pile, if the agency has an appropriate place to accumulate scrap for future use.
- b. Property may be burned, if allowed at agency location.
- c. Dispose of at authorized landfill.
- d. Dispose of by selling to the highest sealed bid received.
- e. Dispose of at public auction.
- f. Dispose of by highest phone bid (minimum of three bids recommended).
- g. Dispose of as trash (by normal trash removal procedures).
- h. Donated to non-profitable entities, designated as 501(C)3 under federal tax code, or those entities eligible to participate in the Federal Surplus Property program (only for those items with a present value less than $500, as determined by Kansas State Surplus Property).
Instructions for Form DA-110
- 5. Other: Other dispositions not listed above (please describe in the space provided).
- 16. Disposition Code -Kansas State Surplus Property (KSSP) use only: Disposition code entered by State Surplus Property personnel indicating the authorized disposition of the property.
- 17. Explanation or Remarks: Space provided for additional information as needed to support the disposition request.
- 18. Accounting Information: For all items listed on Form DA-110, please provide the fund, Fiscal Year, index, and PCA codes to be used when recording the receipt of disposal proceeds at the State Treasurer. If more than one funding line is needed, or if proceeds are to be deposited in various funds, please indicate the funding for each property immediately below the item description.
- 19. Signature of Agency Employee: Signature and date signed by agency employee submitting the request to dispose of the property.
- 20. Signature of Agency Authorized Employee: Signature and date signed by an agency employee authorized to sign payment vouchers indicating review and approval of the disposition request.
- 21. Signature of Kansas Correctional Industries Director or Designee (KSSP use only): Signature and date signed by the Director of Kansas Correctional Industries, or Designee, indicating review and approval of Form DA-110.