20-P-033 Update to Program Code for Funding Associated with the New CVD Earnings Code (Time Reporting Code CVTSK) (March 31, 2020)
Informational Circular No. 20-P-033
March 8, 2020
(Original Signature on File)
Summary: Update to Program Code for Funding Associated with the New CVD Earnings Code (Time Reporting Code CVTSK)
Informational Circular 20-P-031 announced the addition of earnings code CVD (Time Reporting Code CVTSK) for tracking work related COVID-19 tasks. In addition, the Governor and Secretary of Administration have requested that all transactions related to the COVID-19 outbreak, including the time worked on COVID-19 related tasks, be tracked via a new program code in SMART for ease of reporting. This applies to all state agencies (Regents, executive, judicial, and legislative branches). Division of the Budget and the Office of Accounts and Reports have added program code 21662, COVID-19 Transactions, with an effective date of February 1, 2020, to both IBARS and SMART.
Agencies utilizing the new CVD earnings code must update the program code chartfield for the agency funding string associated with the CVD earnings code to reflect the new program code of ‘21662’ and submit the new combination code(s) to SHARP using the new program code. Combination codes submitted by 11 a.m. daily will be loaded by 1 p.m.; requests submitted after 11a.m. will be loaded the following day.
Agencies are responsible to instruct those employees required to record time using the new CVD earnings code (Time Reporting Code CVTSK)/combination code. If previous COVID-19 related time reporting has already been processed using the CVD earnings code (Time Reporting Code CVTSK), agencies are expected to process an adjustment in SMART to update/correct the funding to reflect the new program code of 21662.
When considering what time reporting and/or SMART transactions should use the COVID-19 program code, the general guidance is to include transactions that would not normally have occurred if the virus outbreak had not happened.
Examples of transactions that should use the COVID-19 program code:
- Salaries and wages for additional personnel or overtime costs due to outbreak response
- Overtime costs for staff working to cover tasks when co-workers cannot report due to self-quarantine or no access to daycare for school-age kids
- Purchase of laptop computers so staff can work remotely
- Meals, lodging and/or miscellaneous expenses for emergency response
- Military activation
- Supplies for disinfection (cleaners, anti-bacterial gel, etc.)
- Medical supplies (gloves, masks, thermometers, test kits, etc.)
- Costs due to the cancellation of activities
- Deposits for COVID-19 revenue
Examples that should not use the COVID-19 program code:
- Salaries and wages for staff working remotely or performing normal tasks during the statewide office closure
Any agencies with specific questions about whether expenses or revenues should be included or excluded should contact their Division of Budget analyst. Questions regarding the steps required to update the agency funding to reflect the new program code for the CVD earnings code (Time Reporting Code CVTSK) should be directed to Heather DeBusk at Heather.DeBusk@ks.gov or 785.296.2434.
Printable Version of 20-P-033