00-a-024 - Business Travel Card Program Conversion (June 30, 2000)
|INFORMATIONAL CIRCULAR NO. 00-A-024|
|DATE:||June 30, 2000|
|SUBJECT:||Business Travel Card Program Conversion|
|A & R CONTACT:||Nickie Roberts||(785)296-7917||(email@example.com)|
|Tim Hund||(785) 368-6347||(firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|SUMMARY:||Conversion of the State of Kansas Business Travel Card Program to VISA Cards and Cardless Accounts|
The contract with UMB Bank for the State of Kansas Business Travel Card Program will be signed in the near future. VISA cards and cardless accounts issued by UMB Bank will be made available later this summer. (Business Travel Accounts will be issued to agencies; Business Travel Cards will be issued to qualifying employees.) Listed below are implementation details for both programs including tentative target dates when applicable.
Business Travel Accounts (VISA BTAs)
- A list of current American Express BTAs (accounts issued to agencies) is being reviewed by the Division of Accounts and Reports and is also being verified with agency staff when questions arise. This list will be provided to UMB Bank in early July.
- UMB Bank will issue VISA BTAs (cardless accounts) for all accounts included on the listing.
- UMB Bank will notify agency contacts of the new VISA BTA account numbers beginning July 17, 2000.
- The State Travel Center and the Division of Accounts and Reports will also receive a listing of VISA BTA account numbers.
- Agencies are encouraged to begin using VISA BTAs immediately once notification is received from UMB Bank. Exclusive usage of VISA BTAs is required as of August 1, 2000.
Please contact Nickie Roberts if your agency has an American Express BTA(s) and has not received a new VISA BTA account number(s) by July 24, 2000.
- American Express BTAs will be deactivated as of August 1, 2000.
- A listing of agencies who do not currently have an American Express BTA (and therefore will not be issued a VISA BTA during the conversion process) will be provided to UMB Bank for follow-up.
- If your agency would like to apply for a new BTA, please refer to the BTA application procedure that will be included on the Division of Accounts and Reports web page in the near future.
Business Travel Cards (VISA BTCs)
- A list of current American Express Corporate Cardholders (cards issued to employees) will be provided to UMB Bank by the Division of Accounts and Reports in early July.
- The Division of Accounts and Reports and UMB Bank will jointly send a letter to existing American Express Corporate Cardholders on approximately August 1, 2000. This letter will include specific details concerning the State of Kansas BTC program including the $2,500 card limit per billing cycle and instructions for obtaining an exception to this amount, as well as the annual minimum salary requirement of $15,000.
Please note that the packet will also contain a form for the employee to sign and return directly to UMB Bank indicating the employee's desire to have a VISA BTC issued in their name.
- A VISA BTC (card) will be issued and mailed to the cardholder within three to five working days of the date UMB Bank receives the letter back from the cardholder.
- Prior to using the BTC, the cardholder must activate the card by following instructions included with the card.
- Cardholders are encouraged to use the new VISA BTCs immediately upon issuance. However, use of VISA BTCs will be required as of September 17, 2000.
- All American Express Corporate Cards will expire after September 17, 2000, in accordance with American Express' contract with the State of Kansas. It is our intent that there will not be a time when an employee does not have either a valid American Express Corporate Card or a VISA BTC. Your American Express Corporate Card will automatically be renewed if it expires between now and September 17, 2000.
- If you do not currently have an American Express Corporate Card and would like to apply for a VISA BTC, a BTC application must be completed and forwarded to the Division of Accounts and Reports. The BTC application will be available on the Division of Accounts and Reports web page by August 1, 2000.