Supplemental Paycheck Procedures
Posted on October 21, 2021 at 12:49 PM by Kansas Department of Administration
- A supplemental is processed when there was no on-cycle paycheck created.
- A supplemental will create a whole paycheck for the employee for that pay period including gross wages and all taxes and all deductions.
- If a paycheck was created, but for the wrong gross pay, process an adjustment to the on-cycle or supplemental paycheck. See instructions for processing an Agency Entered Adjustment.
- A supplemental is processed by the agency in one of the three off-cycle runs after an on-cycle payroll confirmation.
- After those three off-cycle runs, the agency would need to submit a request to the Office of Systems Management, Payroll Services team to process a paycheck for the employee. See instructions for submitting a Centrally Entered Paycheck Adjustment.
- A supplemental cannot be requested prior to the first off-cycle processing day, normally the first Monday after final pay calculation.
- If an employee has a current Payroll Status of Leave of Absence (LOA), the employee must be returned from LOA with an effective date equal to, or before, the date of the off-cycle being processed in order for the prior period payable time to be loaded to payroll.
Procedures for Requesting a Supplemental Paycheck Online.
- On the Time and Labor Homepage > Reported Time Tile > Timesheet.
- Enter the Employee ID Number and a date within the pay period (MM/DD/YYYY).
- Click on "Get Employee".
- Click the employee name to access the time sheet.
- Enter or correct the earnings code(s) and hours or dollar amounts on the time sheet.
- Click on the “Request Supplemental” box.
- Click on "Submit".
- There should be a pop-up message saying the Submit was successful.Click on “OK”.
- If the employee reports time in Employee Self Service:
- Expand the Reported Time Status bar
- Verify all hours are correct
- Click on “Select All”
- Click on “Approve”
- Look for Time Entry Errors on the KTL 104, Payable Hours Exception Report
- After Time Administration runs:
- On the Time and Labor Homepage > Payable Time Tile > Approve Payable Time.
- Approve Time.
- NOTE: If there is no Payable Time, look for exceptions on the Time and labor Homepage > Reported Time Tile > Exceptions. .After correcting errors, you will need to approve payable time (steps 1 and 2) after the next Time Administration runs.
- Verify that the supplemental processed in the next off-cycle run by checking the PAY002, Payroll Register, or looking online on the Payroll Homepage > Employee Payroll/Benefits Data > Review Paycheck. Enter the Pay Period End Date and the Employee ID Number in the search boxes and click on "Search". The supplemental will have a pay group that begins with the letter "S".
- Look for Payroll Error Messages
- Payroll Homepage > Payroll Processing Tile > Review Processing Messages > Review Payroll Error Messgaes
- Enter the Employee ID number and click on "Search"
- Be sure to check for all error messages on this page
- Any errors will need to be corrected and the supplemental must be requested again on the Time and Labor page.
- If you receive a "No records found" continue on with the next step.
- Look for errors on the KTL 104, Payable Hours Exception Report.
- Time and Labor Homepage > Time and Labor Reports Tile > Payable Hours Exception
- Enter a Run Control ID and click on "Search"
- Enter the Department ID or Department Group ID
- Enter an "As of Date"
- If there are errors, you will need to request the supplemental again and fix the errors
If you still cannot determine why a supplemental did not process, contact the Payroll Services Team at 785-296-3979.
There are no comments yet.
05-a-005 - Mandatory Direct Deposit for State Employee Reimbursements (July 7, 2004) (supplemented by 05-a-012)
01-a-021 - Capital Outlay Policy Raising Capitalization Threshold to $5,000 and Policy for Safeguarding Assets (June 21, 2001) (Supersedes 00-a-021, Supplements 01-a-018) (Supplemented by 02-a-017)