Policy and Compliance
Posted on 10/21/2021 at 12:49 PM by Kansas Department of Administration
What we do:
Ken Otte leads the Policy and Pay unit. This unit is responsible for administering the State’s classification, compensation and performance management policies. Team members conduct research and analysis on human resource programs and propose and lead initiatives to develop and implement statewide personnel policies and programs. The unit also coordinates and tracks legislative activities, develops and maintains the State’s personnel regulations, coordinates statewide initiatives for the hiring of veterans, and administers the State’s alcohol and drug screening programs.
Team members include Vicki Lierz, Danelle Harsin, Sharon Swoyer and Gustavo Victoriano.
- Job Classification System
- Employee Compensation System
- Veterans Initiatives
- Legislation, Regulations and Bulletins
- Survey Coordination
- Civil Service Board Administration
- Legislative Requests for Information
- Alcohol and Drug Screening Programs
- Policy/Program Research, Analysis, Development & Implementation