Paycheck Stop Payment Request Procedures
Posted on 10/21/2021 at 12:49 PM by Kansas Department of Administration
- The Paycheck Stop Payment Request, Form DA-6P, must be completed and have the approval of the State Treasurer's Office prior to processing any Paycheck Reversal or Paycheck Reprint.
- The Form DA-6P, Paycheck Stop Payment Request, can be found on the Forms page of the Office of Systems Management website as a PC fillable Excel file (requiring Excel be installed on your PC).
- Completed forms should be faxed to the Warrant Section of the State Treasurer's Office at (785) 296-2014.
- Instructions for processing the Paycheck Reversal and Paycheck Reprint can be found on the website on the Office of Systems Management Payroll Procedures page.
DA-6P FORM COMPLETION INSTRUCTIONS
- Agency No. - Enter the three-digit agency number.
- Requested by - Enter the name of the agency official making the stop payment request.
- Date - Enter the current date.
- Fax # - Enter the agency's fax number where the approved DA-6P should be sent by the State Treasurer's Office.
- Check One - Enter an "X" in the appropriate box(es).
- A Reprint will replace the original paycheck that was not received by the employee for a variety of reasons. Except for a new check number and issue date, the new paycheck will look exactly like the original paycheck including the employee name and address. If Reprint is selected, you must also check the reason for the reprint: lost, stolen, destroyed or was not received by employee.
- A Reversal cancels the original paycheck without automatically issuing a new or replacement paycheck. The reversed paycheck will be listed on both the off-cycle PAY002, Paycheck Register, and the GL5c with negative amounts.
PAYCHECK INFORMATION (Note: The PAY004, Payroll Check Register, can be used to obtain most of the following information that's needed.)
- Paycheck Number - Enter the original paycheck number that is to be reprinted or reversed.
- Original Issue Date - The issue date of the original paycheck that is to be reprinted or reversed.
- Payee Name - The employee's name as it appears on the paycheck.
- Address - The employee's payroll mailing address.
- Paycheck Net Amount - The amount of the original paycheck. If the original paycheck was both a check and advice, enter only the amount on the check portion.
- Agency Contact - The person at the agency who should be contacted if the State Treasurer's Office has questions regarding the request.
- Telephone Number - List the telephone number for the agency contact person.
- Reprint Check # - The number of the reprinted check. This information will not be available until after the reprint is processed in an off-cycle run. The information is available on-line only. See the Reprint Procedures on the Payroll website for instructions to find the new check number.
- Issue Date of Reprint - The issue date of the reprinted check. This information will not be available until after the reprint is processed in an off-cycle run. The information is available on-line only. See the Reprint Procedures on the Payroll website for instructions to find the new check issue date.
PAYCHECK FUNDING INFORMATION
- Summarize the funding of the original paycheck by fund totals. Enter the fund totals in fund number order.
- Agency # - The three digit agency number that corresponds with the agency fund information. Normally this is the requesting agency's number. In some cases it may be a different agency number such as retirement leave payouts that are funded by the Department of Administration.
- BFY - The Budget Fiscal Year of the original paycheck.
- Fund #
- Total per Fund - The amount that corresponds with the agency number and fund number. The sum of all the amounts listed on the Total per Fund lines should be equal to the amount listed previously under Paycheck Net Amount in the Paycheck Information section.
AFTER THE FORM IS COMPLETED
- The completed form should be faxed to the State Treasurer's Office at (785) 296-2014.
- The State Treasurer's Office will then either approve or disapprove the stop payment and fax the form back to the requesting agency at the fax number provided on the form DA-6P.
- The agency may then enter the reprint or reversal in the SHARP system. Refer to the Payroll Procedures for guidance in processing these transactions.
- If the stop payment was denied, the agency will need to follow the procedure set forth in the Policy and Procedure Manual, File 11,963, for a check that has already been redeemed.
- The agency should keep the completed DA-6P in their agency documentation files.