Information for Your Auditor (July 2014)
Posted on 10/21/2021 at 12:50 PM by Kansas Department of Administration
The updated information on KPERS and KP&F that the auditors need for note disclosure in the audit follows:
Local non-school-type Municipalities that participate in KPERS and/or KP&F
- KPERS employer rate established by statutes for January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014 is 9.69%*.
- For local non-school-type municipalities that hire a KPERS retiree who retired from a different KPERS employer, the employer rate is 13.77% for the period of January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014 and the waiting period is 60 days.
- KP&F uniform participating employer rate established by statute for fiscal years commencing in calendar year 2013 is 17.26%. The rate for fiscal years commencing in calendar year 2014 is 19.92%
- KP&F uniform participating employer rate established by statute for fiscal years commencing in calendar year 2011 is 14.57%. The rate for fiscal years commencing in calendar year 2012 is 16.54%
- Note: Employers might pay more than the uniform rate established by statute as a result of catch-up payments for past service costs. These rates will be certified to the employer and can be found on the KPERS web site at http://kpers.org/contributionrates.htm.
School-type municipalities in KPERS
- The State of Kansas contributes 11.12%* of covered payroll for the period July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014, and 12.12%* of covered payroll for the period of July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015.
For the employer rates for school-type municipalities that hire a KPERS retiree, please see the main KPERS site at http://kpers.org/contributionrates.htm.
- The State of Kansas contribution to KPERS for all school municipalities for the year ending June 30, 2014 received as of June 30 was $361,575,393.
* Included in this rate is the contribution for Group Death and Disability Insurance of .85% through 6/30/15. For more information please see the KPERS website at www.kpers.org)
Call KPERS at 1-888-275-5737 with questions.