Immediate Action Steps for Supervisors of PUI
Posted on 10/21/2021 at 12:51 PM by Kansas Department of Administration
If an employee is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 and/or has tested positive for COVID-19 and/or is a close contact of a person who has tested positive or is waiting for COVID-19 test results the direct supervisor should:
1. Notify Human Resources immediately.
2. Write a narrative describing what is believed to be the impacted work area and send to Human Resources via email. The narrative should include:
- The shift the employee works
- The last time the employee was in the office
- Date the symptoms started
- Identify what other employees the infected employee works closely with especially those working within 6 feet for a period of 10 minutes of longer or if they recall directly sneezing/coughing on someone
- Whether any other employees were sent home as a result of the report
- Location of commons areas employee may have used (restroom, break rooms, mailrooms etc.) in the 2 days prior to their symptom onset.
3. The supervisor shall make themselves available to Human Resources in case there is a need for additional information.