How does Veterans’ Preference work?
Posted on October 21, 2021 at 12:49 PM by Kansas Department of Administration
Each veteran who meets the requirements for a vacant position shall be offered an interview for that vacancy when all of the following conditions are met:
- The vacancy is a regular classified position that states in its job notice that the position is "Veterans’ Preference" Eligible (VPE). This includes all external, internal or agency only vacancies.
- No individuals who are eligible for the Kansas Employee Preference Program have applied for that vacancy.
- The military service member was not dismissed or did not resign in good standing from state service.
- The military service member’s active duty is not for the Reserves or National Guard training.
- The military service member is separated and not on active service at the time of application.
There are no comments yet.
01-a-021 - Capital Outlay Policy Raising Capitalization Threshold to $5,000 and Policy for Safeguarding Assets (June 21, 2001) (Supersedes 00-a-021, Supplements 01-a-018) (Supplemented by 02-a-017)
05-a-005 - Mandatory Direct Deposit for State Employee Reimbursements (July 7, 2004) (supplemented by 05-a-012)
16-P-007 SHARP Cutover for PeopleTools Upgrade, SMART Upgrade and Other Key Payroll Processing Dates in November 2015 (October 9, 2015)