Best Practices for Employees Returning to Work:
Posted on 10/21/2021 at 12:51 PM by Kansas Department of Administration
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued guidelines for essential workers. The guidance is focused on when those workers can return to work after having been exposed to the new coronavirus.
- Do take your temperature before work.
- Do wear a homemade/non-medical face mask at all times.
- Do practice social distancing as work duties permit.
- Don't stay at work if you become sick
- Don't share headsets or objects used near face.
- Don't congregate in the break room or other crowded places.
Guidance for employers in essential industries.
- When possible, take employees' temperature and assess for symptoms prior to their starting work.
- Do increase the frequency of cleaning commonly touched surfaces.
- Do increase air exchange in the building.
- Do send sick workers home immediately.
- Do test the use of homemade/non-medical face masks to ensure they don't interfere with workflow.