99-P-004 Board of Regents Institutions (Supersedes 98-P-007)
Posted on October 21, 2021 at 12:50 PM by Kansas Department of Administration
|DATE:||September 24, 1998|
|SUBJECT:||Board of Regents Institutions|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||Various: see explanation below|
|CONTACT:||Myrene Bears||(785) 296-5368|
|SUMMARY:||Changes to STARS Funding and Providers for Group Health Insurance|
Effective with the implementation of SHaRP 7.0 (checks issued after October 16, 1998):
1) Pursuant to agreements between the Divisions of Accounts and Reports and Personnel Services the following index codes for GHI will no longer be separated in STARS, effective with SHaRP 7.0 (checks issued after October 16, 1998):
- participation fee (STARS funding file, fund 7700 index code 9745)
- tobacco charge (STARS funding file, fund 7700 index code 9743)
- health care benefits (STARS funding file, fund 7700 index codes 9846 and 9847)
These amounts are currently and will continue to be included in the employee deductions and/or employer contributions on pay detail files, but calculations will no longer be needed to separate these pieces on the STARS funding files. The Division of Personnel services will be responsible for tracking and transferring these amounts. Wellness will continue to be separated in STARS. Note: there are no changes to the DA175-176 or pay detail files for these items.
2) A new plan type and deduction code for GHI drug will become effective with the implementation of SHaRP 7.0 (checks issued after October 16, 1998):
- Advance Paradigm: deduction codes DRUGAT A and DRUGBT B (employee), DRUGAT N and DRUGBT N (employer) under plan type 1Z (one Z).
Currently drug is included with the medical portion of the GHI deduction and contributions on the pay detail file but separated on the STARS funding file. Drug will now be shown as a separate deduction on the pay detail file and continue to be separated on the STARS funding file as you are currently doing. Note: there are no changes to the DA175-176 or STARS funding files. The drug deduction will continue to be included with the medical totals on the paycheck stub.
Effective with the 1999 GHI contract:
The following provider changes have been made for the State of Kansas 1999 GHI contract, effective December 27, 1998 paid January 22, 1999:
1) Providers being discontinued:
- Principal PPO: plan type 10, deduction codes PCPPAT and PCPPBT
STARS funding file, fund 7700 index codes 9717 and 9817
- Principal PSO: plan type 10, deduction codes PCPSAT and PCPSBT
STARS funding file, fund 7700 index codes 9722 and 9822
2) Providers being added:
- Community Health Plan: plan type 10, deduction codes COMMAT and COMMBT
STARS funding file, fund 7700 add index codes 9723 and 9823
- Preferred Health Systems: plan type 10, deduction codes PHSCAT and PHSCBT
STARS funding file, fund 7700 add index codes 9724 and 9824
- Vision Service Plan: new plan type 14, deduction codes VISNAT and VISNBT
STARS funding file, fund 7700 add index codes 9739 and 9839
Make the above changes in your pay detail and STARS funding files, effective with the January 22, 1999 check issue date. Note : there are no changes to the DA175-176 files.
The attached AIndex Codes for Agency and DOA Clearing Funds@ replaces the one included with informational circular 98-P-007 dated October 31, 1997. All changes listed above are incorporated in this document, so be sure to refer to the dates above for actual implementation dates.
Once Payroll Services has been notified by Division of Personnel Services of the final GHI rate calculations for the 1999 contract period, an expanded spreadsheet of those rates by provider will be sent to you. Every effort will be made to distribute the spreadsheet no later than November 15, 1998. The spreadsheet will not have as many columns of data because of the changes discussed in this informational circular, but will include conversion data between the Rate Schedule codes in SHaRP 4.0 and the Flat Rate Id codes in SHaRP 7.0.
Questions regarding this informational circular should be directed to the Division of Accounts and Reports, Myrene Bears, Payroll Services, at (785) 296-5368.