97-R-004 DA-35 Electronic Processing
Posted on October 21, 2021 at 12:50 PM by Kansas Department of Administration
|DATE:||September 16, 1996|
|SUBJECT:||DA-35 Electronic Processing|
|A & R CONTACT:||Payroll Services||(785) 296-3146|
|SUMMARY:||Regents may electronically submit DA-35 data for prior period funding changes.|
The existing DA-175 file layout will be used to make the electronic transmissions, with the following modifications:
- The batching agency will continue to be '004'; however, the batch type will be '6' for the DA-35. The batch number series for STARS purposes will continue as previously assigned.
- The document number field must reflect a 'J1' prefix. A block of journal voucher numbers can continue to be requested from Payroll Services staff.
In addition, the following edits will apply to the DA-35 process:
- The sum of the 729 transactions must equal the sum of the 729R transactions at the detail expenditure sub-object code level.
- Revenue sub-object code transactions will not be allowed.
- There should be no transactions against the Regents payroll clearing funds (ie., fund 98XX).
A DA-40, Magnetic Tape /Dataset Voucher Transmittal form, is required when submitting a DA-35 transmission. The dataset naming convention should be the same as for the DA-175 except replace '175' with '35' (i.e., DA35.N01). If the DA-35 transmission is for testing purposes, an indication should be made on the DA-40 form that the transmission is a test file.
Regents institutions should coordinate any DA-35 testing efforts with the Payroll Systems Team in Payroll Services.