22-P-002 Addition of New Reports with W-2 Production Load (July 27, 2021)
Posted on October 21, 2021 at 12:51 PM by Kansas Department of Administration
Informational Circular No.
Supersedes Informational Circular No:
(Original Signature on File)
Addition of New Reports with W-2 Production Load for Reviewing Employees Working in States Other than Kansas
Two new W-2 reports have been created for agencies who have employees working in states other than Kansas:
- KTAX200 – Multiple State Employees. This file lists employees that have tax locations in more than one state and contains Employee ID, Name, Department ID, States reported on the employee’s W-2, the applicable state gross amounts, and Federal taxable gross.
- KTAX201 – Other State/Locality Employees. This file lists employees that have tax states and localities other than Kansas and contains Employee ID, Name, Department ID, State, Locality code, applicable gross amounts, and Federal taxable gross.
Agencies are asked to review each report after each W-2 periodic load for:
- Any employees that should not be reporting gross to a state other than Kansas.
- The state being reported to is correct per the employee’s telework agreement and/or address the work is being performed.
- The total gross amount being reported to the state agrees to what the agency has for each state being reported.
These new reports will be added to the W-2 report schedule (see Payroll Informational Circular 2021 W-2 Production Report Schedule for the 2021 dates for W-2 loads). Each report will go directly to the agency MVS mailbox as a .OUT file. When the .OUT file is downloaded from the MVS directory, right click on the file, select Rename, and then change the ending 3 letters to CSV (the same process as the renaming of the KPAYGL5C file). This allows the file to easily be imported into Excel where it can be sorted and reviewed. Agencies are reminded that the file will only be available in your MVS mailbox for 30 days.
JG:SGZ:abePrintable Version of 22-P-002