Kansas Department of Administration

4302 Reimbursement at a Reduced Subsistence Allowance

Posted on October 21, 2021 at 12:49 PM by Kansas Department of Administration

An agency may pay an employee a reduced amount for meal allowance or lodging expense by obtaining the prior approval of the Secretary. To request approval to pay a reduced subsistence amount, agencies should complete and forward form DA-37, Request for Reduced Subsistence Allowance, to the Secretary. See section 6400 for DA-37 completion instructions. In completing form DA-37, agencies should make requests for reduced subsistence amounts based on reducing the meal allowances and lodging expenses in multiples of a half-dollar ($0.50). The Secretary has approved the following instances for reduced subsistence payments, and the use of form DA-37 is not required:

1. An agency may pay no subsistence or a reduced subsistence amount to an employee if the agency is not requiring the employee to undertake the travel and if the employee is informed of the reduced subsistence amount in advance.

2. An agency shall reduce the meal allowance paid to an employee if the cost of meals is included in the cost of a registration fee or other fees or charges paid by the agency for the employee as specified in paragraph 4301.

3. An agency may pay no subsistence to an employee if both meals and lodging will be provided at no cost to the employee.

4. An agency may pay the reduced subsistence amount requested by the employee.

(Reference: K.A.R. 1-16-15)

There are no comments yet.
Add Comment

* Indicates a required field

© 2023 Kansas Department of Administration. All rights reserved.