Kansas Department of Administration

3201 Reimbursable Expenses in Using a State-Owned or Leased Vehicle

Posted on October 21, 2021 at 12:49 PM by Kansas Department of Administration

Whenever a Wright Express Fleet Card or another authorized agency credit card cannot be used, employees may be reimbursed for routine expenses incurred for gasoline, oil, lubricants, and similar purchases. Employees may also be reimbursed for properly authorized expenditures for vehicle repair and maintenance. Information regarding Wright Express Fleet Cards may be found at http://www.da.ks.gov/fm/cmp/information/transition/fuel/we/default.htm.

Information on Automotive P-Cards is located at http://www.da.ks.gov/purch/pcard/BPCprocedures.htm#p250.

Agencies may request K-TAGs from the Kansas Turnpike Authority (http://ksturnpike.com/ktag.shtml).  Employees that use K-TAGs to charge tolls ont the Kansas Turnpike.  For further details, see PM File 10,754, Prepaid Turnpike Accounts. 

Additional routine expenses incurred by employees such as tolls on bridges, other toll roads, or parking fees are reimbursable as miscellaneous expenses. See section 5000, Miscellaneous Expenses.

Receipts verifying expenditures must be submitted with the documentation for the employee's travel expense report for state vehicle expenses incurred. However, the responsibility for accurate toll claims incurred on the Kansas Turnpike and whether receipts are required for reimbursement is delegated to each agency. Receipts are not required for unattended tollbooths or unattended parking meters. The expenses incurred should be detailed on the travel expense report.

(References: K.A.R. 1-17-1 et seq.)

There are no comments yet.
Add Comment

* Indicates a required field

© 2023 Kansas Department of Administration. All rights reserved.