Kansas Department of Administration

3200 Use of State-Owned or Leased Vehicle

Posted on October 21, 2021 at 12:49 PM by Kansas Department of Administration

The agency head or designee may authorize travel for official state business in a state-owned or leased vehicle for:

A. an officer or employee of the State of Kansas; or

B. any other person who has been approved by the Secretary, or the Secretary's designee, to operate a state-owned or leased vehicle on official state business.

A person must have a valid driver's license to operate a state-owned or leased vehicle. Only other state employees or individuals reasonably engaged in official state business are allowed to ride in state-owned or leased vehicles.

In addition, state law prohibits and provides penalties for personal use of a state vehicle.

(References: K.S.A. 75-4601 et seq.; K.A.R. 1-17-1 et seq.)

There are no comments yet.
Add Comment

* Indicates a required field

© 2023 Kansas Department of Administration. All rights reserved.