17-A-010 Travel and Expense Payments (March 21, 2017)
Posted on October 21, 2021 at 12:51 PM by Kansas Department of Administration
|Informational Circular No.||17-A-010
|Effective Date:||May 1, 2017
Office of the Chief Financial Officer
(Audit Services, SMART)
|SMART Service Desk --
|Approval: DeAnn Hill
(Original Signature on File)
Travel and Expense payments must be paid using direct deposit payment method starting May 1, 2017.
As required by the Secretary of Administration’s 100% electronic payment policy issued May 21, 2010, beginning May 1, 2017, the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) will require direct deposit for employee travel advances, travel reimbursements, and miscellaneous reimbursements generated within the SMART Travel and Expense module.
Details for Implementation
All employees must have direct deposit (ACH-Automated Clearing House) as the payment method for payments generated from the SMART Travel and Expense module. Any travel and expense payments for employees set-up with System Check as the payment method will remain unpaid until the agency establishes the Automated Clearing House information within the employee’s profile in the Travel and Expense module. The following steps should be taken to replace a System Check payment method with the Automated Clearing House payment method for travel and expense payments:
- For employees who will be receiving travel and expense payments and do not have banking information established in their SMART employee profile, agencies should ask for the employee to complete Form DA-184, Authorization for Direct Deposit of Employee Pay and/or Employee Travel and Expense. The employee must select one bank account to be used for their travel and expense payments.
- The form can be downloaded from the Department of Administration web site: http://www.admin.ks.gov/resources/document-center
- Employees have the option of using a State of Kansas Paycard as a means of receiving their travel and expense payments. Employees can be referred to your agency’s human resource and payroll staff to obtain a paycard. The employee can then complete the DA-184 including the paycard routing number and account number for the bank information.
- The agency must update the employee’s SMART Travel and Expense profile.
- For information on how to enter direct deposit information into employee profiles, please see the job aid available on SMARTWeb: http://www.smartweb.ks.gov/ . Go to Training, Travel and Expenses, T & E Job Aids, Adding a Bank Account to an Employee Travel Profile.
A new SMART query has been created to identify active employees with ‘System Check’ as the payment method on the employee profile where the employee has been paid by check within a user-defined date range. The query is named KS_EX_EE_CHECK_PAYMENT_LIST.
Printable Version 17-A-010