What to Know
Searching for jobs online is becoming increasingly significant and more convenient in the job searching process. It can get confusing and frustrating if you don’t know where to look. You first must determine what occupation(s) would be best for you. Use the resources provided by your transition office and the transition website to research these. With thousands of jobs online, where do you begin?
The State of Kansas website http://www.jobs.ks.gov/ offers:
- Daily updated Civil Service job listings from around the State of Kansas
- Online Application that allows you to apply directly to agencies
- Online Personal Data Registration Form
- Information pertaining to State Career Fairs and Applicant Workshops
- Information about State Employee Benefits
What to Do
Steps to Apply for State Jobs are immediately listed on the homepage. The second step listed, “Search Job Vacancy List,” will get you started on your search for a job. After clicking this link you will first find the “Featured Jobs” listed, these featured jobs are randomly chosen and changed weekly. If you are not interested in any of the featured jobs and would like to explore further, scroll down and click “VIEW ALL JOBS” to view a complete listing of vacancies. The Job Posting page allows viewers to alphabetically sort job postings by County, Job Title, Agency or Posting Type. The sorting options are recommended to help narrow your search as well as help the user save time.
Across the board information listed includes within the job posting includes:
- requisition number
- posting type (external or agency)
- whether it is classified or unclassified
- whether it is regular or temporary
- whether it is full or part time
- hiring rate (excluding unclassified positions)
- pay frequency
- closing date
The Job Titles are highlighted in blue and may be clicked on to view information about the job; including descriptions, requirements and duties.