This position is advanced managerial corrections work for the State of Kansas. Enforces all laws, rules and regulations of the Department of Corrections/El Dorado Correctional Facility.
Examples of job responsibilities include:
- In conjunction with the Deputy Warden of Operations (DWO), plans, organizes and directs security operations for the El Dorado Correctional Facility. Responsible for management of security operations of all shifts and over 300 uniformed positions.
- Directs supervision of the Security Division which operates three shifts (24 hrs) seven days a week;
- Uses established supervisory practices in managing the uniformed security staff. This includes review of narratives, disciplinary reports, incident reports and use of force reports;
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and directing responses by correctional staff and outside agencies in the event of a major emergency;
- Directs the systematic, routine and random shakedowns of inmates and facility grounds.
- Identifies problems, proposes recommendations and supervises implementations of changes in security methods and procedures;
- Directs the preparation, revision and implementation of all security post orders.
- Unclassified - Appointments to unclassified positions can be made by the appointing authority (Warden), with approval of the Governor. Unclassified appointments are at-will and are not eligible for longevity bonuses.
- Full time
- Benefits eligible
- Annual Salary Range:
- Corrected pay range 2/5/19: $48,484.80 - $64,937.60
A Bachelor's degree with major coursework in criminal justice, the social sciences, the behavioral sciences, or public administration; and three (3) years of experience in the field of corrections, including at least one year of supervisory and administrative/management experience.
Agency approved education/experience substitution: Completion of 60 semester hours of coursework from an accredited college or university, including 12 hours in corrections, criminal justice, the social sciences or the behavioral sciences, and five (5) years of experience in the field of corrections, parole or detention of offenders, including at least one year of supervisory and administrative/management experience.
Preferred Qualifications may be used to screen applicants. Preferred Qualifications are in addition to the Minimum Requirements and either or both the minimum and preferred qualifications may be applied depending on the number of applicants.
- Meet the minimum qualifications for a Corrections Officer IA; have successfully completed the Corrections Officer Training Program (COTP).
- Five (5) years of relevant experience in the field of corrections or in the detention of convicted offenders including at least three (3) years of corrections or detention supervisory/administrative experience.
How To Apply:
- Submit an electronic State of Kansas Application at www.jobs.ks.gov. When submitting your online application, select the agency "Corrections, Dept of (El Dorado Correctional Facility)". Current employees - use your Employee ID# as Applicant #.
- Obtain a Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate following the information noted below and e-mail or fax to the recruiter listed.
- Submit additional required documents, including transcripts, to the specific recruiter designated on this job announcement.
Applications and any required documents must be received by the application deadline of this announcement. Your application will be considered incomplete and found ineligible if you fail to submit all required documentation, including transcripts and tax clearance certificate, by the closing date. Please call to confirm receipt of your application and required documents.
KANSAS TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE REQUIRED
In accordance with Executive Order 2004-03 each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a State Tax Clearance Certificate by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue website at www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html. A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual's account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. Applicants are responsible for submitting their certificate with all other application materials to the Recruiter prior to the closing date.
Applicants who fail to submit a Tax Clearance Certificate will not be considered. When you request the Certificate, it will issue you a Transaction ID#. The Transaction ID# is NOT a tax clearance. You will need the Transaction ID# to be able to retrieve the Certificate 24 hours later. You can then e-mail the Tax Clearance Certificate to the recruiter listed below.
Recruiter Contact Information:
Name: Kelly McLaughlin
El Dorado Correctional Facility
1737 SE HWY 54
El Dorado, KS 67042
Veterans Preference Eligible (VPE):
Former military personnel or their spouse that have been verified as a veteran under K.S.A. 73-201 will receive an interview if they meet the minimum qualifications and competency factors of the position. The veterans preference laws do not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best qualified candidate as determine by the hiring manager. Additional VPE information can be found at http://da.ks.gov/ps/aaa/recruitment/veterans.htm
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
The El Dorado Correctional Facility is an Equal Opportunity Employer