The El Dorado Correctional facility is seeking mature adults with good work ethic and communication skills. No previous corrections or law enforcement experience required. We provided six weeks of paid training.
Corrections provides steady, secure employment, competitive benefits, and opportunities for growth and career advancement.
The El Dorado Correctional Facility is currently hiring multiple Corrections Officers.
- Multiple positions are available
- No previous corrections experience required - we provide paid corrections officer training
- $15.75/hourly with benefits
- Assigned shift will be 2 PM-10 PM or 10 PM-6 AM; weekdays off, not weekends (additional 30 cents shift differential for those assigned the 2-10 PM shift and 10 PM-6 AM shift)
- A good attendance record is essential for successful employment
A Corrections Officer I (COI) supervises and maintains discipline and control of offenders at all times; performs searches of offenders’ person and physical areas in order to prevent and control concealment of contraband; observes and monitors offenders’ activities and interactions while enforcing policy, rules and regulations; follows established security procedure in controlling visitors, staff, offender and vehicular traffic to prevent the admittance or exit of authorized persons and the introduction of contraband; takes and reports periodic counts of offenders; and responds to emergency situations in accordance with appropriate contingency plans.
- At least 18 years of age at the time of appointment;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Free of any felony conviction(s) or diversion of a felony, whether or not expunged;
- Free of any felony or misdemeanor domestic violence crime as set forth in 18 U.S.C. 922 (d)(9) and (g)(9).
Additional Requirements: No DUI conviction in past two years; no conviction, adjudication, diversion agreement or probation for misdemeanor involving controlled substance or possession of drug paraphernalia in past five years; free of any final court order prohibiting candidate from stalking, harassing, threatening, or having contact with any person; free of conviction or civil or administrative adjudication for sexual activity facilitated by force or threat. This list is not all-inclusive; other convictions or pending charges may disqualify the candidate.
Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate:
In accordance with Executive Order 2004-03, each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a State Tax Clearance Certificate by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue’s website at http://www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html. A tax clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual’s account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. Applicants are responsible for submitting their certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency.
Applicants who fail to submit a Tax Clearance Certificate will not be considered. When you request the Certificate, it will issue you a Transaction ID#. The Transaction ID# is NOT a tax clearance. You will need the transaction ID# to be able to retrieve the certificate 24 hours later. You will need to return to the Department of Revenue website to do this (select View Status). Enter the Transaction ID# and your Social Security number. Click on the link and forward the Tax Clearance Certificate to the Recruiter listed below.
- Upon receipt of the required application documents (application and tax clearance certificate), applicants will be contacted to schedule the Kansas Department of Corrections (KDOC) Corrections Officer Test and must pass with a score of 70 percent or better.
- Interviews are typically scheduled on the same day as the Corrections Officer Test.
- Must provide high school transcript, diploma or GED upon interview date.
- Consideration is given to the test score, interview score, writing score, education, job history and longevity, and attendance record.
- All candidates are subject to a background check, criminal history investigation, and employment check.
- Candidates offered a position are required to take and pass a drug screen test, physical, and TB screening.
- If out of state driver's license, must have Kansas license prior to start date.
Recruiter Contact Information
Telephone: 316-321-7284, ext. 22407
El Dorado Correctional Facility
1737 SE Highway 54, P.O. Box 311
El Dorado, KS 67042
Veterans Preference Eligible (VPE):
Former military personnel or their spouse that have been verified as a "veteran" under K.S.A. 73-201 will receive an interview if they meet the minimum qualifications and competency factors of the position. The veterans’ preference laws do not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best qualified candidate as determine by the hiring manager. Additional VPE information can be found at http://da.ks.gov/ps/aaa/recruitment/veterans.htm
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
The El Dorado Correctional Facility is an Equal Opportunity Employer