Information Technology Intern
Office of the State Bank Commissioner
The OSBC is offering a twelve week, part-time (20 hr./week) paid internship opportunity based in Topeka for an individual looking to pursue a career in Information Technology. This position will provide hands-on experience and learning opportunities in a full range of Information Technology tasks and systems. Responsibilities will include providing technical support, assisting IT staff with various projects and daily tasks, and managing physical inventory.
- Provide tier 1 technical support to agency employees. This includes tasks such as unlocking accounts, resetting passwords, replacing toner, and basic troubleshooting of agency software and hardware. Log and track issue resolution to maintain record and documentation.
- Assist the Information Technology team to complete daily tasks including reviewing daily email spam quarantine, monitoring software patches, and confirming nightly backups and database replication.
- Research upcoming technology projects and purchases by investigating/testing multiple solutions and coordinating discussions with internal staff and vendors.
- Create or update internal documentation of network, phone trees, user groups, roles, and other various functions/tasks.
- Migrate existing inventory database into a new, user-friendly system with self-service options for agency management to confirm inventory for their employees. This will assist with ongoing checks as well on on-boarding/off-boarding.
- Perform an agency-wide audit of equipment issued to employees to ensure accuracy.
- Conduct training for inventory self-service.
- Organize storage room and assist with surplus procedures of equipment including data sanitation.
Other duties as assigned or necessary to assist team in providing reliable, secure, and functional technology systems.
CompTIA A+ certification, equivalent knowledge, or currently enrolled in/recently completed a degree/tech school program for Information Systems.
Excellent communication and problem solving skills, proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating systems, and a willingness to learn.
How to Apply:
To apply, submit a State of Kansas Employment Application to the Bank Commissioner. In addition, send your resume including references, a cover letter, college transcript(s), and a Tax Clearance Certificate to: Office of the State Bank Commissioner, Attn: Jeanne Kelly, Recruiter, 700 SW Jackson, Suite 300, Topeka, KS 66603
You may also submit application materials online to email@example.com. Please include all requested information.
Each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain and submit a State Tax Clearance Certificate by clicking the hyper link or by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue’s website at: http://www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html .
A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual’s account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. Applicants are responsible for submitting their certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency. This is in accordance with Executive Order 2004.
This position will remain posted until filled.
The OSBC will perform a background check on applicants under consideration.
The position is unclassified, part-time, and non-exempt. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
The Office of the State Bank Commissioner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Find out more about us at our website: www.osbckansas.org