Posting Type: Agency Only
A Corrections Supervisor II:
- Plans, organizes, and directs the work of subordinate corrections officers in the performance of duties to ensure compliance with established operations procedures. Prepares evaluations of subordinate employees as assigned. Provides necessary training and guidance to subordinate corrections officers. Oversees the proper supervision of inmate activity as necessary during the assigned shift.
- Reviews reports submitted by subordinate officers to ensure their accuracy and completeness; including but not limited to: property, inventory, disciplinary reports, incident reports, and narratives. Ensures all reports comply with applicable rules, regulations, policies, and orders.
- Prepares and submits reports as required by the Department and the facility. Ensures reports meet quality standards and are submitted within time frames. Assists shift supervisor in preparation of counts. Ensures all counts are accurate and properly documented. Responds to emergency situations in accordance with the appropriate contingency plan.
- Conducts necessary inspections and reviews to assure that the area of responsibility complies with applicable standards both in policy and practice.
- Serves as assistant shift supervisor in planning, organizing and directing the work of an assigned shift. Serves as shift supervisor in absence of shift captain.
This position is subject to regular rotation to any post and/or shift within the facility. Must be capable of performing essential physical functions.
- Must meet all minimum qualifications and necessary special requirements for COI A;
- Be at least 21 years of age at time of appointment;
- Have three (3) years of relevant experience in the field of corrections or in the detention of convicted offenders, including one (1) year of supervisory experience;
- Have successfully completed the Corrections Officer Training Program (COTP).
Preferred Skills/Qualifications (May be used to screen applicants):
The one year of supervisory experience noted in the minimum qualifications shall be in field of corrections or detention of convicted offenders.
Four (4) years of relevant experience in the field of corrections or in the detention of convicted offenders including at least two (2) years of supervisory experience in corrections or detention of convicted offenders.
How To Apply:
- Complete the State of Kansas application form at www.jobs.ks.gov and submit. Under "Agency", select "Corrections, Dept. of (El Dorado Correctional Facility)" from drop-down box. Use Employee ID# for Applicant #.
- Obtain a Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate (see below). Send/e-mail Tax Clearance Certificate to Recruiter listed.
Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate:
In accordance with Executive Order 2004-03, each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a State Tax Clearance Certificate by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue’s website at http://www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html. A tax clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual’s account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. Applicants are responsible for submitting their certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency.
Applicants who fail to submit a Tax Clearance Certificate by the application deadline will not be considered. When you request the Certificate, it will issue you a Transaction ID#. The Transaction ID# is NOT a tax clearance. You will need the Transaction ID# to be able to retrieve the Certificate 24 hours later. You can then e-mail the Tax Clearance Certificate to the recruiter listed below.
Recruiter Contact Information
El Dorado Correctional Facility
1737 SE Highway 54, P.O. Box 311
El Dorado, KS 67042
Veterans Preference Eligible (VPE):
Former military personnel or their spouse that have been verified as a "veteran" under K.S.A. 73-201 will receive an interview if they meet the minimum qualifications and competency factors of the position. The veterans preference laws do not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best qualified candidate as determine by the hiring manager. Additional VPE information can be found at http://da.ks.gov/ps/aaa/recruitment/veterans.htm
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
The El Dorado Correctional Facility is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Find out more about us at our