Posting Type: External
- Multiple positions may be filled from this job posting
- Unclassified - Appointments to unclassified positions can be made by the appointing authority (Warden), with approval of the Governor. Unclassified appointments are at-will and are not eligible for longevity bonuses.
- Full time
- Benefits eligible
Performs office support duties of a clerical nature usually involving several steps and analysis of the data to identify the procedures to be completed. Decisions are made based on well-defined rules, regulations, methods and procedures with little deviation although they may have limited interpretation when applying procedural guidelines. Some of the duties may include but are not limited to: providing basic, factual information, scanning, imaging, proofing and finalizing correspondence and reports, compiling and entering data, retrieving data from records or from an informational database, answering, screening, and routing telephone calls, sorting and purging office records, basic typing and keyboarding.
Six months of verifiable, documented full-time experience in general office, clerical or administrative support work.
Preferred Skills/Qualifications (May be used to screen applicants):
- One year of full-time, paid work experience in administrative support work.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions; read and comprehend written materials.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of correct formatting of letters, memos, etc.
- Knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation and composition rules.
- Experience which reflects the ability to exercise initiative, independent judgment, and discretion in the performance of duties.
To be successful, the expectation is that a candidate will be able to competently perform the routine tasks of the position with limited supervision by the end of the six-month assessment period.
How to Apply:
- If you have not previously applied for a State of Kansas position and been assigned an Applicant ID Number, go to www.jobs.ks.gov and select "Register Personal Data".
- Obtain a Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate (see below). Send/e-mail Tax Clearance Certificate to Recruiter listed;
- Complete the online State of Kansas application form at www.jobs.ks.gov and submit. Under "Agency", select "Corrections, Dept. of (El Dorado Correctional Facility)" from drop-down box. Resumes are welcome but cannot take the place of the State application.
Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate:
In accordance with Executive Order 2004-03, each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a State Tax Clearance Certificate by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue’s website at http://www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html. A tax clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual’s account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. Applicants are responsible for submitting their certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency.
Applicants who fail to submit a Tax Clearance Certificate will not be considered. When you request the certificate, it will give you a transaction ID#. The transaction ID# is NOT a tax clearance. You will need the Transaction ID# to be able to retrieve the certificate 24 hours later. You will need to return to the Department of Revenue website to do this (select View Status). You can then e-mail the Tax Clearance Certificate to the recruiter listed below.
Recruiter Contact Information:
El Dorado Correctional Facility
1737 SE US Highway 54
El Dorado, KS 67042
How You Will Be Evaluated: After the closing date, application materials will be reviewed to determine who meets the minimum and any necessary special requirements. Next, applications will be evaluated based on the Preferred Skills/Qualifications listed. Depending upon the number of applicants, qualified applicants may then be screened to a manageable number of interviewees.
Applicants will be subject to background check and criminal history investigation; must pass a drug screen and a TB test unless promoting, transferring, or demoting from another position within the same agency.
Veterans Preference Eligible (VPE):
Former military personnel or their spouse that have been verified as a veteran under K.S.A. 73-201 will receive an interview if they meet the minimum qualifications and competency factors of the position. The veteran's preference laws do not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best qualified candidate as determine by the hiring manager. Additional VPE information can be found at http://da.ks.gov/ps/aaa/recruitment/veterans.htm
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
The El Dorado Correctional Facility is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Find out more about us at our