Facilities Maintenance Supervisors train, supervise and direct offenders in the performance of skilled craft level work. Insures the assigned work is completed in a timely manner and assists in seeing that necessary materials are ordered and received. Maintains control measures over worker safety practices and care of equipment, tools and supplies. Insures security is maintained and that compliance with policy is followed in carrying out duties and responsibilities. Trains unskilled and semi skilled offenders in craft, instilling good work habits and safety, keeping jobs sites and shop areas clean and orderly. Training is provided for the supervision of assigned offenders.
Hourly base pay - $15.75; In addition to the hourly base pay, the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor (FMS) classification is eligible for a $.30 per hour retention incentive and an additional 10% for offender supervision, bringing the hourly rate to approximately $17.60.
Position Type: Unclassified, full-time, benefits eligible
Posting Type: External
Close Date: Open until filled
Five (5) years of experience in the mechanical or building trades. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.*
*Agency Approved Substitution: Completion of an accredited, relevant educational program and three (3) years of experience in the mechanical or building trades.
Preferred Skills/Qualifications (May be used to screen applicants):
- Skill in the use of operation of tools, caustics and flammables, machines and equipment commonly used in the electrical and mechanical skilled craft level.
- Knowledge of safety measures and occupational hazards;
- Ability to read, interpret and work from sketches, blueprints and specifications;
- Ability to plan, organize, assign and approve or otherwise supervise the work of skilled and semi-skilled craft workers;
To be successful, the expectation is that a candidate will be able to competently perform the routine tasks of the position with limited supervision. Must be capable of performing essential physical functions.
How to Apply:
- If you have not previously applied for a State of Kansas position and been assigned an Applicant ID Number, go to www.jobs.ks.gov and select "Register Personal Data". (Current employees may use their Employee ID#);
- Obtain a Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate (see below) and send to recruiter;
- Complete the State of Kansas application form at www.jobs.ks.gov and submit. Under "Agency", select "Corrections, Dept of (El Dorado Correctional Facility)" from drop-down box or mail to the recruiter listed.
Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate:
Each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a State Tax Clearance Certificate by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue’s website at www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html. A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual’s account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. Applicants are responsible for submitting their certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency. This is in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03.
Applicants who fail to submit a Tax Clearance Certificate will not be considered. You must access the Kansas Department of Revenue’s website twice – once to apply for the Certificate and once to retrieve it. When you request the certificate, it will issue you a transaction ID#. The transaction ID# is NOT a tax clearance. You will need the transaction ID# to be able to retrieve the certificate 24 hours later by returning to the Department of Revenue website (select “View Status”). You can then e-mail the Tax Clearance Certificate to the recruiter listed below.
Recruiter Contact Information
El Dorado Correctional Facility
1737 SE US Highway 54, P.O. Box 311
El Dorado, KS 67042
Veterans Preference Eligible (VPE):
Former military personnel or their spouse that have been verified as a "veteran" under K.S.A. 73-201 will receive an interview if they meet the minimum qualifications and competency factors of the position. The veterans’ preference laws do not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best qualified candidate as determine by the hiring manager. Additional VPE information can be found at http://da.ks.gov/ps/aaa/recruitment/veterans.htm
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
The El Dorado Correctional Facility is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Find out more about us at our