This position will stay open until filled. This position is located in Jackson County, KS
- Review processing activities conducted by the plant and insure the plant is properly following their Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) plans. Be knowledgeable of products being prepared, formulations being used, check on pumping and cooking temperatures to ensure food safety and check net weights periodically for accuracy. Maintain an up-to-date label file and take samples according to established procedure and forward for laboratory analysis to assure standards of identity. Verify that all samples required under the HACCP system are taken as directed.
- Conduct post-mortem inspection, consisting of slicing and verifying the condition of lymph nodes to insure the adequate health condition of all animals. Complete cervical, visceral and rail inspection. Take action on conditions observed in accordance with regulations and guidelines.
- Inspect all animals presented for slaughter insuring only healthy and ambulatory animals are approved for slaughter. Suspect animals should be handled in accordance with approved guidelines and procedures.
Salary: $16.56 to $21.13 per hour
- Bachelor of Science degree in a biological or physical science. Experience may be substituted for education as determined relevant by the agency.
- Valid driver’s license
- Applicant for this position must submit to and pass a AO H-R-R PSEUDOISOCHROMACTIC OR ISHIHARI color blindness test as a condition of employment.
How To Apply:
STEP 1: Register by completing the online Personal Data Form. (Skip this step if you already have an Applicant ID number.)
STEP 2: Complete the State of Kansas Application Form and submit to the Kansas Department of Agriculture. If you prefer to mail your application, please send to: Kansas Department of Agriculture, Human Resources, Attention: Kelsey Senn 1320 Research Park Dr. Manhattan, KS 66502.
STEP 3: Email these additional required documents to Kelsey Senn at KDA.HRServices@ks.gov . Include the job requisition number and your last name in the subject line.
- Letter of Interest
- Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate
KANSAS TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE REQUIRED: Each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a valid Kansas Certificate of Tax Clearance by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue's website at http://www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html . A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual's account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. A Tax Clearance expires every 90 days. All applicants, including current state employees, are responsible for submitting a valid certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency. This is in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03. If you need assistance with the tax clearance, please contact 785-296-3199.
Name: Kelsey Senn
Phone: (785) 564-6712
Fax: (785) 564-6777
How You Will Be Evaluated:
Your application will be considered incomplete and you may be found ineligible if you fail to submit all required documentation. Your application will be reviewed to ensure you meet the qualifications of the position. Next, your application will be evaluated based on selection criteria and competencies for the position.
What to Expect Next:
After your application is evaluated, you may be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. You will be notified of the outcome after the selection process is complete. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accomdodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
The Kansas Department of Agriculture is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Find out more about us at our