The Kansas Corporation Commission (KCC) is accepting applications for an Environmental Compliance and Regulatory Specialist in the Chanute District Office, in particular, Anderson, Franklin, Miami, Bourbon and Linn counties.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Approving (or disapproving) operators plans and specifications for plugging abandoned wells.
- Coordinating and conducting special or routine inspections and investigations of complaints about infractions of oil field regulations. Investigating complaints involving abandoned, unplugged wells, substandard and unreliable saltwater disposal systems, contamination of fresh-water wells by oilfield operations, reports of crude oil and saltwater spills, inluding proper construction of emergency pits and tank battery enclosures, and allegations of unwarranted wastage of nonrenewable natural resources.
- Inspecting oil and gas leases to determine if operators are in compliance with KCC regulations. Preparing field reports, giving accurate lease location and fully describing problem and recommending compliance action to operators.
- Preparing technical reports, correspondence, and related illustrative materials which could serve as the legal basis for validating compliance; notifying operators and managers of the nature of violations and other needed improvements; developing and evaluating proposals for necessary corrective action.
- Witnesses setting of surface casing and old well workovers. Obtaining appropriate samples from old well workovers for analysis by KCC geologists.
- Scheduling and participating in productivity tests of oil wells, open flow and deliverability tests on gas wells, and mechanical integrity tests of injection wells. Determining if injection wells pass or fail mechanical integrity tests.
Salary: $40,000 - $45,000 annually with benefits.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, tax clearance certificate, State of Kansas application and three professional references.
HOW TO APPLY:
The application process has 4 REQUIRED STEPS.
STEP 1: Register by completing the online Personal Data Form at http://admin.ks.gov/services/state-employment-center/job/why-register
(Skip this step if you already have an Applicant ID number.)
STEP 2: Complete the official State of Kansas application form at http://admin.ks.gov/services/state-employment-center/sec-home/state-employment/apply
STEP 3: Submit your online application to the specific agency designated on this job announcement.
STEP 4: Submit additional required documents to the specific recruiter designated on this job announcement.
· A Tax Clearance Certificate is required for all applicants. Obtain your certificate by following the instructions at http://www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html
- Include your name and job requisition number on all correspondence when submitting documents to the designated recruiter.
Your application will be considered incomplete and you may be found ineligible if you fail to submit all required documentation by the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
- Online State of Kansas Application Form (send to Corporation Commission)
- Cover Letter, Resume and Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate (send to Sandra Rak, email@example.com)
KANSAS TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE REQUIRED: Each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a valid Kansas Certificate of Tax Clearance by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue's website at http://www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual's account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. A Tax Clearance expires every 90 days. Applicants are responsible for submitting a valid certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency. This is in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03. If you need assistance with the tax clearance, please contact 785-296-3199.
Recruiter Contact Information:
Name: Sandra Rak
Kansas Corporation Commission
1500 SW Arrowhead Road
Topeka, KS 66604
How You Will Be Evaluated:
Find out more about us at our