Digital Collections Librarian
This Librarian position is in the State Capitol and provides statewide support services to the Kansas library community and residents. The Digital Collections Librarian will manage and oversee daily operations of the digital books program, online databases, and skill builders program. The position will also collaborate with Division management in planning, budgeting, and administration of division services.
Job Duties will include but are not limited to:
Managing daily operation of the Digital Books Program:
- Directing and overseeing customer support for access, technical, content and general issues affecting patrons and Kansas libraries.
- Managing collection development activity across all digital book content platforms.
- Coordinating selection, purchase, and funding contribution activities of participating libraries. Tracking, delivering and follow up on library billing and invoice as required, and reconciling budget.
- Collecting, maintaining and publishing statistical data concerning digital collections and their usage.
Collaborating with the Division Director to manage daily operation of the Online Databases and Skill Builders program:
- Directing and overseeing work of the Statewide Services Assistant in collecting and maintaining statistical data concerning database/skill-building collections and their usage.
- Communicating with patrons, State Library staff, and the statewide library community about short- and long-term events affecting digital information services.
- Scheduling, facilitating and documenting the work of library focus groups.
Managing and overseeing development and delivery of training; creating and overseeing documentation and on-demand tutorials; and providing administrative level technical support in furtherance of the use of statewide, electronic services provided by the State Library.
- Networking with regional library systems, librarians and library organizations to facilitate problem solving and to develop training and continuing education related to the State Library’s electronic services and program.
- Collaborating with the Statewide Services Assistant to develop promotional materials and activities, and to maintain meaningful, planned use of social media to publicize statewide electronic services.
- Standardizing and documenting authentication procedures for digital statewide services.
Taking a leadership role in planning and directing the development of resources, skills and services that enhance continuing education activities.
Contributing to the maintenance, development and design of the State Library website and Internet accessible services.
- Master's degree or significant coursework in Library Science.
- Strong working knowledge of audio- and ebooks and their related technologies, including mobile devices.
- Basic understanding of the concepts and principles of user authentication and authorization.
- Ability to:
- Exercise independent, professional judgment with minimal oversight.
- Effectively and kindly communicate technical issues and procedures to patrons with limited knowledge and skills.
- Solve problems and apply critical thinking skills needed to analyze issues and questions.
- Collaborate professionally with others to develop, maintain, and provide a high level of service and resources to the public.
- Manage program expenditures (track and reconcile billing, invoices, and budget).
Pay Rate: $19.16/hr. This is a full-time, unclassified, non-exempt position with benefits.
Application Deadline: April 27, 2018
HOW TO APPLY:
STEP 1: Register by completing the online Personal Data Form
(Skip this step if you already have an Applicant ID number.)
STEP 2: Complete the State of Kansas online Application Form , select Library and submit.
STEP 3: Email these additional required documents to Library.Apps@ks.gov Include the job requisition number and your last name in the subject line.
KANSAS TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE REQUIRED: Each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a valid Kansas Certificate of Tax Clearance by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue’s website at http://www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual's account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. A Tax Clearance expires every 90 days. All applicants, including current state employees, are responsible for submitting a valid certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency. This is in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03. If you need assistance with the tax clearance, please contact 785-296-3199.
Find out more about the State Library of Kansas at http://kslib.info/
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
The State Library of Kansas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Find out more about us at our