The Kansas Corporation Commission (KCC) currently has a vacancy for an unclassified Program Consultant. The KCC is the public utilities commission of the State of Kansas run by three Commissioners appointed by the Governor with the approval of the Senate. The Commission has the responsibility of ensuring that natural gas, electricity, telephone and transportation vendors provide safe, adequate and reliable services at reasonable rates.
This position will work for the Conservation Division providing customer support to staff related to its Risk Based Data Management (RBDMS) well database. Customer support will be provided in overseeing and developing short-term and long-term data control measures to ensure the accuracy of well data and assist in improving staff efficiency. This position will assist in the evaluation of the current software version and analyze potential upgrades.
- Analyze Division operational needs such as technological advancements and implement process improvements. This will include, but is not limited to planning effective use of technology capabilities, making formal presentations and conducting internal training of operation systems.
- Carry out strategic planning with external state agencies and contractors to ensure customer support is provided with installation of equipment and office upgrades. Consulting with and advising personnel of the most effective operational methods is key during administration of the RBDMS database to meet user needs and new regulatory requirements while maintaining technological hardware and software, peripheral equipment and network connections. Continuous review, modifications and configurations will be necessary for computer systems, specifically RBDMS.
- Communicate regularly with appropriate personnel regarding problems or enhancements to operating systems and potential enhancements. Attend and conduct meetings regarding process improvements and provide reports and recommendation to Conservation and Topeka personnel as required.
- Work in conjunction with the Conservation Division Director, Conservation supervisors and staff and Topeka personnel to complete special projects such as planning and implementing the migration of data from the current system to a web-based platform. Input and approval are essential prior to implementing major changes.
- Act as a Commission liaison as needed. Provide presentations to Commission staff, state, federal and local staff, industry and the general public as assigned by the Conservation Division Director.
Minimum Requirements: Minimum of three years’ experience coding, testing and debugging application programs. Experience with object oriented programming languages and the ability to program complex web applications using current standards and programming languages. Applicants must possess knowledge of Microsoft Access applications and support and have the ability to work with and provide quality support for end users. DBA experience with both Oracle and SQL Experience with TCP/IP Windows Servers, .net, and web technologies is preferred. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
Salary: $24.04 to 27.88 hourly
HOW TO APPLY: The application process has 3 STEPS.
STEP 1: Register by completing the online Personal Data Form at http://admin.ks.gov/services/state-employment-center/job/why-register (Skip this step if you already have an Applicant ID number.)
STEP 2: Complete the official State of Kansas application form at http://admin.ks.gov/services/state-employment-center/sec-home/state-employment/apply and submit to the Corporation Commission
STEP 3: Email these additional required documents to (Recruiter Name and Email Address). Include the job requisition number and your last name in the subject line. Cover Letter Resume Tax Clearance Certificate Three Professional References KANSAS TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE REQUIRED: Each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a valid Kansas Certificate of Tax Clearance by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue's website at http://www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual's account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. A Tax Clearance expires every 90 days. Applicants are responsible for submitting a valid certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency. This is in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03. If you need assistance with the tax clearance, please contact 785-296-3199.
Recruiter Contact Information:
Name: Sandra Rak
NOTE: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identify and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification documentation upon hire.
How You Will Be Evaluated:
Your application will be considered incomplete and you may be found ineligible if you fail to submit all required documentation by the closing date of the vacancy announcement. Your application will be reviewed to ensure you meet the minimum and any necessary special requirements. Next, your application will be evaluated and rated based on preferred competencies and criteria for the position.
What To Expect Next:
After your application is evaluated and ranked, you may be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. You will be notified of the outcome after the selection process is completed. You may call or email the recruiter contact listed to inquire about your application.Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
The Kansas Corporation Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Find out more about us at our