Posting Type: External
Multiple positions may be filled from this job posting.
As a Unit Team Supervisor, this position:
- Manages an offender caseload, assisting offenders with adjustment to incarceration, program completion, rule compliance, release planning, and reintegration into the community;
- Utilizes and demonstrates proficiency in risk reduction skills including motivational interviewing and cognitive strategies;
- Maintains electronic offender files with timely and accurate documentation;
- Performs duties through a team approach to risk management that addresses criminogenic indicators and needs;
- Evaluates risk factors to make decisions regarding facility/cell or work assignments, referrals to services, and the level/type of supervision;
- Evaluates risk factors and develops comprehensive release plans for offenders who are within one year of release;
- Effectively and proactively communicates and interacts with offenders on a daily basis;
- Responsible for Unit Team Manager duties in their absence.
A Bachelor's Degree with major coursework in criminal justice, the social sciences, or the behavioral sciences, and one year of experience working with offenders in corrections, parole, or law enforcement (detention). Additional experience may be substituted for the required education as determined relevant by the agency (see below).
Substitution Determined Relevant by Agency: Completion of 60 semester hours of coursework from an accredited college or university, including 12 hours in corrections, criminal justice, the social sciences or the behavioral sciences, and three years of experience in the field of corrections, parole or detention of offenders;.
Preferred Criteria: Preferred Qualifications may be used to screen applicants. Preferred Qualifications are in addition to the Minimum Qualifications and either or both may be applied depending upon the number of applicants.
Case management experience in a corrections, parole and/or detention setting.
Must successfully complete a one year initial probationary period or six month promotional probationary period. Must be capable of performing established Essential Functions. A full position description and required essential physical functions for this classification can be obtained by contacting the recruiter listed below.
How to Apply:
Submit an electronic State of Kansas Application at www.jobs.ks.gov; (Current employees use Employee ID Number as Applicant Number)
Complete the Kansas Tax Clearance process noted below;
Send transcripts and Tax Clearance Certificate to Sheila Edwards at Sheila.Edwards@ks.gov or FAX to 316-322-2054.
Your application will be considered incomplete and you may be found ineligible if you fail to submit all required documentation (State of Kansas Application, transcripts, and Tax Clearance Certificate) by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Submission of a resume is encouraged but will not be accepted as a replacement for the required application process.
Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate:
In accordance with Executive Order 2004-03 each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a State Tax Clearance Certificate by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue website at www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html. A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual's account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. Applicants are responsible for submitting their certificate with all other application materials to the Recruiter prior to the closing date.
Applicants who fail to submit a Tax Clearance Certificate will not be considered. When you request the Certificate, it will issue you a Transaction ID#. The Transaction ID# is NOT a tax clearance. You will need the Transaction ID# to be able to retrieve the Certificate 24 hours later. You can then e-mail the Tax Clearance Certificate to the recruiter listed below.
Applications and transcripts will be evaluated to ensure minimum qualifications are met. Additional screening may be done based on the Preferred Criteria section. Applicants selected for interview will be evaluated by an interview panel using performance/behavior based interview questions. The interview panel will make recommendations to the Warden for final approval. Applicants will be subject to background check and criminal history investigation; must pass a drug screen, a physical, and a TB test, unless promoting, transferring, or demoting from another safety sensitive position within the same agency.
Recruiter Contact Information:
- Name: Sheila Edwards
- Phone: 316-322-2089
- Fax: 316-322-2054
- Email: Sheila.Edwards@ks.gov
- El Dorado Correctional Facility
- 1737 SE Highway 54, P.O. Box 311
- El Dorado, KS 67402
Veteran Preference Eligible (VPE):
This position is eligible for veterans&rs
Find out more about us at our