This position provides advanced professional accounting services including oversight of accounts payable and accounts receivable, inmate banking, employee use fund, etc. Provides detailed expenditure and allocation information as well as reports of current and projected expenditures. Responsible for making salary and wage projections; prepare and finalizes budget forms on salaries and wages. Responsible for providing expendture information for budget purposes. Supervises accounting and inmate canteen staff. Please note: Applications will be reviewed as received. Position will remain open until filled.
Three years of experience in professional accounting/audit work. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
Preferred Skills/Qualifications (may be used to screen applicants):
Four-year degree in business or accounting related field from an accredited college or university and experience in budgeting, accounting or auditing, including or supplemented by supervisory experience.
Knowledge of accounting principles. Knowledge of general methods and procedures in the areas of responsibility. Ability to exercise independent judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Unclassified - Appointments to unclassified positions can be made by the appointing authority (Warden), with approval of the Governor. Unclassified appointments are at-will and are not eligible for longevity bonuses.
- Full time, Non-Exempt, Benefits Eligible
- Typical annual starting pay is $41,870 annually.
1. If you have not previously applied for a State of Kansas position and been assigned an Applicant ID Number, go to www.jobs.ks.gov and select “Register Personal Data”. (Current employees use Employee ID#);
2. Obtain a Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate (see below). Send/e-mail Certificate to Recruiter listed;
3. Complete the State of Kansas application form at www.jobs.ks.gov and submit. Under "Agency", select "Corrections, Dept of (El Dorado Correctional Facility)" from drop-down box.
4. Submit resume to Recruiter listed.
Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate:
In accordance with Executive Order 2004-03, each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a State Tax Clearance Certificate by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue’s website at http://www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html. A tax clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual’s account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. Applicants are responsible for submitting their certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency.
Applicants who fail to submit a Tax Clearance Certificate will not be considered. When you request the Certificate, they system issues you a Transaction ID#. The Transaction ID# is NOT a tax clearance. You will need the Transaction ID# to retrieve the Certificate 24 hours later. Return to the Department of Revenue website and select "View Status". Enter the information requested (SSN & Transaction ID#). You can then e-mail the Tax Clearance Certificate to the recruiter listed below.
All required documents must be received by the Recruiter:
- State of Kansas Application
- Transcripts (if applicable)
- Tax Clearance
Find out more about us at our