Technology Support Consultant II
directly link to this job posting, copy
|Agency:||El Dorado Correctional Fclty
|Applications accepted through:||Jul 24, 2017
This position is responsible for Information Technology Systems under the direction and supervision of the Technology Support Consultant III. The primary responsibilities include:
- Installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, and replacement of computer hardware and software;
- Technical assistance to computer end users in the areas of usage and installation of electronic mail, printing, work processing, operating systems, and other software applications as needed, in the form of in person, via telephone, or from remote locations;
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of desktop computers thin clients, laptops, tablets, printers, and other hardware devises as needed;
- Installs, configures, maintains, and repairs electronic equipment that includes, but is not limited to, wireless control and AP’s, intercom systems, telephone systems, electronic surveillance systems, and network equipment. This will include the network, telephone, camera wiring and fiber optic cabling, and all related equipment required to make such systems operable;
- This position may be requested to provide assistance outside of their immediate facility as well as be called upon to participate in other KDOC IT department initiatives'
- Provides backup for the TSC III in their absence and performs other duties as assigned.
Applicants may be given a written and/or computerized exam to test their relevant knowledge. For a full position description, please contact the recruiter listed below.
Minimum Requirements: (Must meet minimum requirements to be offered an interview.)
Preferred Skills/Qualifications: (May be used to screen applicants)
- Two (2) years network administration related experience in installation and maintenance of PC systems with emphasis on open source systems
- Experience with the installation, configuration, maintenance, and repair of electronic equipment including, but not limited to, network equipment, electronic surveillance systems, telephone systems, intercom systems, repeater systems, etc.
- Possess a CompTIA A+ certification or be actively enrolled in a CompTIA A+ Certification course and able to pass test within one year of hire
- Unclassified - Appointments to unclassified positions can be made by the appointing authority (Warden), with approval of the Governor. Unclassified appointments are at-will and are not eligible for longevity bonuses.
- Full time, Exempt, Benefits Eligible
- Typical annual starting pay is $41,870
1. If you have not previously applied for a State of Kansas position and been assigned an Applicant ID Number, go to www.jobs.ks.gov and select “Register Personal Data”. (Current employees use Employee ID#);
2. Obtain a Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate (see below). Send/e-mail Certificate to Recruiter listed;
3. Complete the State of Kansas application form at www.jobs.ks.gov and submit. Under "Agency", select "Corrections, Dept of (El Dorado Correctional Facility)" from drop-down box.
4. Submit resume to Recruiter listed.
Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate:
In accordance with Executive Order 2004-03, each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a State Tax Clearance Certificate by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue’s website at http://www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html. A tax clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual’s account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. Applicants are responsible for submitting their certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency.
Find out more about us at our
Full/Part Time: F
Hiring Rate: $0.00
Pay Frequency: Hourly