Facilities Maintenance Supervisor - HVAC
WINFIELD CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
This position is a skilled multi-crafter position in the facility’s installation, maintenance repair and renovations of building and equipment relative to the HVAC trades. Serves as the supervisor for the offenders assigned to work in the HVAC department. May assist, back up, and supervise offenders in the Electrical department.
Applicants will be given a written exam to test their HVAC knowledge prior to their interview with WCF.
Minimum Requirements: (Must meet minimum requirements to be offered an interview.)
- Five (5) years of experience in the mechanical or building trades.
Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
Necessary Special Requirements:
- At the time of appointment, the selected candidate must take and pass a drug screening test approved by the Division of Personnel Services unless the incumbent is moving from one safety-sensitive position to another safety-sensitive position with the KDOC performing substantially similar duties;
- Possess a valid Driver’s license; and
- Have an EPA approved CFC and general refrigerant reclamation certification
Preferred Skills/Qualifications: (May be used to screen applicants)
- EPA 608 Certification; with preference to Universal Certification
- Proficient knowledge/experience in HVAC trades
- Knowledge of safety measures and occupational hazards in the HVAC field
- Ability to read, interpret and work from sketches, blueprints and specifications
- Ability to keep careful and thorough records
- Ability to plan, organize, assign and approve or otherwise supervise the work of skilled and semi-skilled craft workers
- Skilled in the use and accountability of caustics, flammables and tools commonly used in HVAC work
- Skilled in evaluating, analyzing and resolving problems may arise with offenders assigned to work in the area
To be successful, the expectation is that a candidate will be able to competently perform the routine tasks of the position with limited supervision by the end of the six-month probationary period.
HOW TO APPLY:
The application process has 4 REQUIRED STEPS.
(Skip this step if you already have an Applicant ID or Employee ID number.)
- STEP 3: Submit your online application to the specific agency designated on this job announcement.
- STEP 4: Submit additional required documents, including tax clearance certificate and EPA Certificate, by 4:00 p.m. on the date that posting closes to the specific recruiter designated on this job announcement.
- Online State of Kansas Application form
- Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate
- EPA Certificate (if applicable)
Note: Include your name and job requisition number on all correspondence when submitting documents to the designated recruiter.
Your application will be considered incomplete and you may be found ineligible if you fail to submit all required documentation by the closing date and time of the vacancy announcement.
KANSAS TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE REQUIRED: Each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a valid Kansas Certificate of Tax Clearance by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue's website at http://www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html
A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual's account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. A Tax Clearance expires every 90 days. Applicants are responsible for submitting a valid certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency. This is in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03. If you need assistance with the tax clearance, please contact 785-296-3199.
Recruiter Contact Information:
Name: Jamie Graham
Phone: 620-221-6660 Ext. 56021
Winfield Correctional Facility
1806 Pinecrest Circle
Winfield, KS 67156
How You Will Be Evaluated:
Once you complete and submit your application materials, your application will be reviewed to ensure you meet the minimum and any necessary special requirements. Next, your application will be evaluated and rated based on preferred competencies and criteria for the position.
What To Expect Next:
After your application is evaluated and ranked, you may be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. You will be notified of the outcome after the selection process is complete. You may call or email the recruiter contact listed to inquire about your application.
Veterans Preference Eligible (VPE):
Former military personnel or their spouse that have been verified as a veteran under K.S.A. 73-201 will receive an interview if they meet the minimum qualifications and competency factors of the position. The veterans preference laws do not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best qualified candidate as determine by the hiring manager. Additional VPE information can be found at http://da.ks.gov/ps/aaa/recruitment/veterans.htm
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
Winfield Correctional Facility is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Find out more about us at our