The Kansas Corporation Commission (KCC) currently has a vacancy for an unclassified Administrative Specialist. The KCC, located in Topeka, Kansas, is the state agency charged with the responsibility of regulating public utilities with regard to rates and services.
- Assists in coordinating commissioner, staff, and attorneys’ schedules for availability at Open Meetings.
- Maintains e-mail list for Open Meeting notices. Notifies interested parties and counsel.
- Types, proofreads, edits, and copies orders, minutes, briefs, pleadings, and correspondence prepared by Advisory Counsel.
- Maintains files and pleadings as directed.
- Tracks filing deadlines for court cases that involve an Advisory Counsel as lead attorney representing the Commission.
- Completes travel arrangements for Advisory Counsel.
- Answers and routes phone calls for Advisory Counsel.
- Sorts incoming mail to attorneys within Advisory Counsel office and routes other mail to appropriate person.
- Maintains and tracks attorney schedules and appointments.
- Assists and performs duties as back up personnel for the Docket Room.
Minimum Requirements: Two years of experience in general office, clerical and administrative support work. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
Salary: $36,000 to $42,000 annually with benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
The application process has 4 REQUIRED STEPS.
- STEP 1: Register by completing the online Personal Data Form (Skip this step if you already have an Applicant ID number.)
- STEP 2: Complete the official State of Kansas application form.
- STEP 3: Submit your online application to the specific agency designated on this job announcement.
- STEP 4: Submit additional required documents to the specific recruiter designated on this job announcement.
A Tax Clearance Certificate is required for all applicants. Obtain your certificate by following the instructions at http://www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html
Include your name and job requisition number on all correspondence when submitting documents to the designated recruiter.
Your application will be considered incomplete and you may be found ineligible if you fail to submit all required documentation by the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Required Documents: Online State of Kansas Application Form (send to Corporation Commission)Cover Letter, Resume and Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate (send to Sandra Rak, firstname.lastname@example.org)
KANSAS TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE REQUIRED: Each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a valid Kansas Certificate of Tax Clearance by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue's website at http://www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual's account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. A Tax Clearance expires every 90 days. Applicants are responsible for submitting a valid certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency. This is in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03. If you need assistance with the tax clearance, please contact 785-296-3199.
Recruiter Contact Information:
Name: Sandra Rak
Kansas Corporation Commission
1500 SW Arrowhead Road
Topeka, KS 66604
How You Will Be Evaluated: Once you complete and submit your application materials, your application will be reviewed to ensure you meet the minimum and any necessary special requirements. Next, your application will be evaluated and rated based on preferred competencies and criteria for the position.
What To Expect Next: After your application is evaluated and ranked, you may be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. You will be notified of the outcome after the selection process is complete. You may call or email the recruiter contact listed to inquire about your application.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
The Kansas Corporation Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Find out more about us at our